TENDER NO: 001/08/2021
Puntland Youth and Social Development Association (PSA) seeks to carry out rehabilitation of some of nonfunctional solar lights in Bossaso and Garowe sites in order to improve the lives of the communities living in the two locations.
Solar lights will significantly improve safety and securityespecially for women and girls, improve child learning spaces outside the school, clean and safe source of light that can replace potentiallyhazardous forms of lighting such as candles and kerosene lamps, helping to reduce the risk of fire, and the negative health impacts of burning kerosene indoors.
Scope of Work
We have carried of assessment on the condition of solar lights within Bossaso and Garowe and given priority to 50 non functionalstreet solar lights in the two locations in need of rehabilitation. The rehabilitation and repair needs and the locations has been detailed below.
The scope of works shall entail the following;
- Rehabilitation, repairs and maintenance of solar street lights which have been prioritized for rehabilitation.
- Prepare reports to demonstrate performance of works. The deliverables shall include but not limited to;
- Daily/Weekly Progress report
- Quality control report
- Completion certificate
Requirements from the Service Provider
PSA is looking for an established and experienced service provider in solar energy sector with the technical experience to perform thetasks in the scope of work.
The service provider must provide the following documents
- Technical Proposal
The Technical Proposal must detail the following
- Experience statement
Demonstrate minimum 3 experiences in similar works. Experience statement must be in the format.
- Technical staff capacity
The service provider is required to provide Curriculum Vitae (CVs) of at least4 staffindicating in the following roles.
|No.||Proposed Position||Quantityof CV||Qualifications
Period of contract performance
|1||Project Leader||1||· Bachelor’s inElectrical engineering or other relevant technical degree in addition to three (3) years of relevant engineering design, and installation and maintenance and program management experience;
· Eight (8) years of commensurate relevant experience without a formal aforementioned technical degree.
|2||Site Engineers||2||· Electrical engineering bachelor’s or other relevant technical degree in addition to two (2) years of relevant engineering design, and installation and maintenance; or
· Five (5) years of relevant experience without a formal aforementioned technical degree.
|3||Solar Technicians||2||· Diploma in electrical engineering bachelor’s or certificate in vocational training skills in solar maintenance and installation in addition to two(2) years of relevant engineering design, and installation and maintenance ; or
· Five (5) years of relevant experience without a formal technical degree.
- Company profile
- List of directors with their telephone and ID/Passport Numbers;
- Current registration certificate
- Good financial position: Provide either Latest audited report, or bank statement for 6 months with one year statement of income and expenditure signed by company management.
- Latest tax receipt or proof of payment of tax.
- Financial Proposal
The Financial proposal indicating the cost or Bill of Quantities to be charged by the service provider from the schedule of solar lights for repairs and parts as per schedule attached below;
Schedule of solar lights and location
|#||Location||Latitude||Longitude||Solar Panel||Battery||Controller||LED Light|
The Format of the financial proposal to indicate lumpsum costs has been provided.
Instructions to suppliers
- Interested service providers must submit their applications using the application forms in the link .
- The proposal shall be reviewed based on set criteria. Technical Proposal shall take maximum of 70% while the Financial proposal to carry 30%.
All vendors interested must deliver their Technical and financial proposal to our offices latest10 September 2021 by 5.00 PM local time. The interested service providers can also send tenders through email [email protected]. Any submissions past the deadline will be Rejected.
Instructions for submission(Can be delivered through email or Physical delivery):
- Physical delivery: (i) Deliver in a sealed envelope (ii) Indicate Tender Number in the envelope.
- Email: Send with the subject email indicating the TENDER NUMBER.
You are requested to ask any questions through 0906203514 or through email: [email protected]
- Vendors are invited for tender opening on 11 September 2021.
- All the service providers must comply with PSA Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) guidelines