Puntland Youth and Social Development Association (PSA)
Position: CCCM Database Assistant (1 position) [button link=”https://www.psasom.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Job-Advertisement-for-Database-Assistant.pdf” color=”red” window=”yes”]DOWNLOAD PDF COPY HERE[/button]
Project name: Strengthening Coordination and Self-Management of Drought Affected IDPs in Bosaso through Integrated Mechanisms
Project Period: 9 months (April-Dec-2022)
Reporting to: CCCM Project officer
Job Advertisement period :
Opening date: 20th March 2022
Closing date: 26th March 2022
Puntland Youth and Social Development Association (PSA) is local non-governmental and non- profit organization based in Puntland-Somalia.
In 2022, Puntland Youth and Social Development Association (PSA) in partnership with SHF is implementing ‘Strengthening Coordination and Self-Management of Drought Affected IDPs in Bosaso through Integrated Mechanisms’ project in Bosaso district, the timeframe for the project would be 9 months (1st April 2022 – 31st December 2022)
In this regard, PSA / SHF is seeking a candidate to fill the position of 1 CCCM Database assistantin Bosaso. This Project is a comprehensive, inclusive and integrated response that seeks to improve the living conditions, assistance, and protection of drought and conflict affected population and host communities by facilitating the equitable access to multi-sectorial services in Bossaso through effective Camp Coordination and Camp Management.
Under the supervision of the CCCM project Officer, the Database Assistant is responsible for collecting, updating, maintenance and storing CCCM data in the existing information management system, as well as supporting the development of improving this system. This includes but it is not limited to supporting the design of data collection tools, conducting data collection, analysing data and producing information products for partners and stakeholders, data storage, and sharing of data, adhering to data protection policies.
Duties and responsibilities
The CCCM database assistant will be responsible but not limited to the following:
- Managing CCCM teams database and information management tools updating data including CFM, referral pathway, New arrival tracking tool and Kobo tool.
- Implement CCCM activities as requested by CCCM Project Officer and Program Manager
- Lead in carrying out site level assessments and organize data so that it can be shared externally
- Lead in making sure information management tools are updated regularly
- Assisting in carrying out assessments and surveys within the site
- Ensure timely and adequate registration of IDPs in camp, including identification of persons with specific needs in coordination with protection partners.
- Spearheading outreach campaigns in the camp and ensuring that information is being properly conveyed and circulated to the camp community
- Monitor status of population and highlighting trends with camp management team
- Treat community members in a sensitive and humane manner
Qualifications& Skills Required
The Database Assistant should meet the minimum requirements described, key qualifications shall include:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information System/Management, or other relevant technical discipline required;
- Minimum 1 year professional database management experience, preferably in humanitarian context;
- Experience in database and general computer software (such as Access)
- Knowledge of other analytical software (SPSS, Stata, etc) is an asset.
- Good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to think creatively in terms of tool and process development;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Flexibility and adaptability to ever-changing needs and responsibilities;
- Familiarity with the aid system, and understanding of donor and governmental requirements an asset;
- Languages: Proficiency in Somali and in knowledge of the other official languages in Somalia which are English and Arabic is required.
How to Apply
Qualified persons with the required skills and qualifications are invited to submit their detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter to [email protected] and received on or before 26th March 2022. Applications sent after the deadline will not be considered.