Opening Date: 4th Aug, 2021
Closing Date: 10th Aug, 2021 [button link=”https://www.psasom.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Facilitator-TOR-converted.pdf” icon=”download” color=”red” window=”yes”]DOWNLOAD PDF COPY[/button]
CONSULTING SERVICES FOR TRAINING AND WORKSHOPS FACILITATORS AND ASSISTANT FACILITATORS IN PEACE BUILDING
Puntland Youth and Social Development Association (PSA) is local non-governmental, non- profit organization established in 2002 by a group of enthusiastic young educated members of society and it is based in Puntland state – Somalia. In 2021 Puntland Youth and Social Development Association (PSA) and The Somalia Stability Fund (SSF) is implementing Support to Qandala, Iskushuban and Alula Council formation. with the objective of promoting social reconciliation and local governance through provision of support towards the formation of District Councils in Qandala and Iskushuban Districts of Puntland State.
The project intends to have the implementation of activities that emphasize a bottom-up approach to developing governance structures at the local level with a critical emphasis on community participation. The project is envisioned to create a more representative local governance system by supporting Puntland Ministry of Interior, Local Government and Rural Development (MoILGRD) for the District Council Formation (DCF) that builds up from the bottom, breaks down social barriers, mends the social divide, and re-energizes the spirit of working together for the common good.
Impact:Qandala, Alula and Iskushuban districts have the capacities to contribute to a stable and enabling environment for improved governance and social inclusion.
Outcome: Improved capacity of district councils, staff, and other community stakeholders for enhanced citizen engagement in equitable local development and conflict management
Objectives of the Exercise:
- Moderate and perform trainings for the following sets of workshops designed in line with the project outcomes
|No.||Type of training||Location|
|1||Conflict Management Training||Alula, Ikshukshuban, Qandalla|
|2||Conflict Resolution & Reconciliation Forum||Alula, Ikshukshuban, Qandalla|
|3||District level Consultative||Alula, Ikshukshuban, Qandalla|
|4||Good Governance & Civic Engagement Training||Alula, Ikshukshuban, Qandalla|
|5||Incentive for Facilitator of Capacity Building for Council Members Training.||Alula, Ikshukshuban, Qandalla|
|6||Leadership Skills & Conflict Management||Alula, Ikshukshuban, Qandalla|
|7||Mediation & Conflict Resolution Training||Alula, Ikshukshuban, Qandalla|
|8||Support in Women’s Council Representation||Alula, Ikshukshuban, Qandalla|
|9||SWOT analysis of community institutions and development of an action plan for governance improvements focusing on effectiveness, inclusiveness, and conflict sensitivity||Alula, Ikshukshuban, Qandalla|
|10||Women to Women Cultural Activities||Alula, Ikshukshuban, Qandalla|
- Prepare training report in line with the reporting tools
- Prepare and make available the means of verification
- Coordinate with the Peace Governance Expert the mobilization and mapping of the participants
We are seeking to engage consultantsinterested in the following positions
- Facilitator – Peace Building
- Assistant Facilitator – Peace Building
- Minimum of Diploma in Political science & International relations, Economics or other relevant subject. Bachelor degree is preferred
- Should have analytical and report writing skills, and be able to compile reports.
- Prior experience of working with UN and international or local NGOs
- Experience of techniques for conflict resolution process.
- Work independently at fully professional level.
The consultant should share the following information
- Financial quotation to provide services. The rate should be daily rates.
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested applicants should download the Financial Quote templates. All quotations must be signed.
- The Quotes should be accompanied with up-to-date CVs.
- Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated their CV with contact details for 3 referees and cover letter explaining his/her motivation and why they are suited for the post to this email: [email protected] to be received by 10 Aug 2021or deliver hard copy to the HQ office in Bosaso behind UNHCR office.
INSTRUCTIONS ON EVALUATION
The evaluation will be done using the criteria below. This may not require oral interviews.
|1.||Experience statement – As per experience statements/CV||50|
|Similar work done (3 similar engagements)
Community engagement trainings
|Contextualized experience in humanitarian services and in the sectors;
· Peace building
· JPLG projects
|Financial Proposal – Responsiveness to value for money||50|
|Total Technical and Financial||100|