JOB TITLE: PSA Procurement officer [button link=”https://www.psasom.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Procurement-officer-PSA-3.pdf” icon=”download” color=”red” window=”yes”]DOWNLOAD PDF COPY[/button]
# of positions required: 1 staff Location: Bosaso
Contract: Fixed Term
Opening Date: 20th July, 2021
Closing Date: 27th July, 2021
Puntland Youth and Social Development Association (PSA) is local non-governmental, non- profit organization established in 2002 by a group of enthusiastic young educated members of society. This was after being alarmed by the devastation of war and natural disasters and the subsequent political instability. During the entire period of turbulence, in-school and out of school youth faced the brunt. Many were orphaned at a tender age, dropping out of school. Others faced the trauma of family instability and displacement and others were forcefully conscripted to fight in wars that they essentially knew little about. The youth-the most hopeful, most dynamic and most productive were instead being plunged into despair and a forlorn life. In the absence of any protection and proper guidance, the youth turned to drugs, to vice, to hate for one another and were wholly sucked into the hate cycle.
PSA was established with the hope that in the Youth lay immense potential for self-protection and national development. Youth offered an excellent avenue to restore the nation back to its course of independence, stability and development. As a united front, we were a big proportion of the population. We prayed for peace and at the same time resolved to do everything to protect young and old from various threats.
There is a saying that “Two shorten the road” which is our motto and depicts our commitment to proactively and collectively act as a positive force on the road map for rebuilding our country.
An environment where youth move together in playing a pivotal role in self-preservation, enlightenment and peaceful co-existence amongst groups that contributes positively to development.
PSA exists to mobilize, nurture and support youth to collectively appreciate and uphold universally positive values like peace, human rights, freedom, family stability, peaceful and effective governance structures, environmental conservation, positive culture and improved livelihoods for all.
4.0 CORE VALUES AND PRINCIPLES
Relevance: Each intervention will be appropriate to the community in which it is being implemented; the project should change the way things have been done and be seen to be.
Impact: Unlike projects that have come and gone without leaving a legacy, we want all stakeholders to attest that change has been created. If it is water shortage, there should be undisputedly more water than before.
Efficiency & Effectiveness:Partners mobilize their resources to support us and for this; PSA is committed to being transparent, accountable and efficient in use of the resources and donations.
Humanity: our actions and dedications are grounded on the desire to contribute to the wellbeing of human society in the world.
Neutrality: PSA is non-aligned, non-affiliated and dissociates itself with any political actors or interest groups in Somalia. We are operationally independent, and our activities are impartial with no favoritism to any particular groups or players.
5.0 OUR ETHICS
- Human Rights and Dignity: fundamental human rights should never be violated; PSA recognizes that all people are born free and equal in dignity. As an organization, we are sensitive to the moral values, religion, customs, traditions, and culture of the communities we serve and we respect the integrity of families and support family-based life.
- Transparency and Accountability: PSA strives for openness and honesty internally and toward donors and members of the public. We are transparent in all of its dealings with the government, the public, donors, partners, beneficiaries, and other interested parties. Our basic financial information, governance structure, activities and partnerships shall be open and accessible to public scrutiny.
- Honesty and Professionalism: PSA adheres to international universal standards operations procedures (SOPs) on humanitarian intervention; the manuals help us to carry out complex routine operations that aim to achieve efficiency, quality output and uniformity of performance. Through the all protect activities we will make sure accountability is incorporated into the project implementation, monitoring and evaluations, staff hiring, trainings, partnership agreements, and in all aspects.
The Logistics officer will be responsible but not limited to the following:
- Timely and proper preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects, establishment of the deadlines and monitoring of their implementation;
- Establishment and implementation of proper monitoring system and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt and evaluation of quotations, bids or proposals, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with Organization rules and regulation;
- Management of procurement contracts and, upon delegation of responsibility, performance of the functions of user departments for Purchase orders approval;
- Elaboration and implementation of the internal control system, which ensures that Purchase Orders (PO) are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems;
- Management of the implementation of the procurement processes monitoring system and mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in procurement;
- Establishment and implementation of harmonized procurement services and elaboration of proposals on common services expansion, introduction and management of joint procurement for the Organisation in line with the procurement guidelines
- Minimum of bachelor in Business Administration, Accounting and finance or other relevant subject. Master of procurement and Logistics is preferred
- Should have analytical and report writing skills, and be able to compile reports.
- Prior experience of working with UN and international or local NGOs
- Experience of techniques for conflict resolution process.
- Work independently at fully professional level.
Application and CV:
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated their CV with contact details for 3 referees and cover letter explaining his/her motivation and why they are suited for the post to this email: [email protected] to be received by 27 July 2021 or deliver hard copy to the HQ office in Bosaso behind UNHCR office.