JOB TITLE: PROJECT OFFICER – [button link=”https://www.psasom.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Project-officer-SSF-converted.pdf” icon=”download” color=”red” window=”yes”]DOWNLOAD PDF COPY[/button]
# of positions required: 3 staff
Location: Qandala, Iskushuban and Alula District
Contract: 3 Months (it could be extended depending on availability of funds)
Opening Date: 20th July, 2021
Closing Date: 27th July, 2021
Puntland Youth and Social Development Association (PSA) is local non-governmental, non- profit organization established in 2002 by a group of enthusiastic young educated members of society and it is based in Puntland state – Somalia.
in 2021 Puntand Youth and Social Development Association (PSA) and The Somalia Stability Fund (SSF) is implementing Support to Qandala, Iskushuban and Alula Council formation. with the objective of promoting social reconciliation and local governance through provision of support towards the formation of District Councils in Qandala and Iskushuban Districts of Puntland State.
The project intends to have the implementation of activities that emphasize a bottom-up approach to developing governance structures at the local level with a critical emphasis on community participation. The project is envisioned to create a more representative local governance system by supporting Puntland Ministry of Interior, Local Government and Rural Development (MoILGRD) for the District Council Formation (DCF) that builds up from the bottom, breaks down social barriers, mends the social divide, and re-energizes the spirit of working together for the common good.
Overall Purpose of the role
The Project Officer is responsible for the overall supervision and coordination of the project activities in the geographical location. S/he ensures that all relevant protocols and the guiding manuals for project implementation processes and results are achieved per the project logical framework.
The project Officer will be responsible but not limited to the following:
- Act as primary link between the assigned target communities and PSA/SSF including other stakeholders.
- Liaise with local leaders and local and national government authorities about safety in the assigned target communities, and responsible for establishing point of contact with all target communities (i.e. community entry)
- Facilitate advocacy processes in assigned target communities and its messages and purposes.
- Facilitate community dialogue processes in target communities and ensure the representation and participation of all socio-economic groups in the community.
- Monitor the implementation of the Council formation and Peace reconciliation Projectby the assigned target communities, and support the communities to improve implementation.
- Deliver training sessions in accordance with the community safety operational guidelines and as tasked.
- Monitor the impact of the activities on the behavior of the communities following the PSA/SSF Community Safety M&E and impact assessment frameworks.
- Ensure that all tasks allocated are executed promptly, efficiently and in accordance with PSA operational guidelines.
- Be flexible and willing to step in and undertake other tasks not in the job description in order to ensure smooth program implementation.
- Conduct regular visits to project sites to monitor the implementation of activities, gather feedback from beneficiaries and submit detailed report about the activities and findings
- Assist to develop and strengthen local projects networks.
- Assist in tracking project performance at community level and report, monitor and follow up on project activities.
- Support the program team to record and analyse monitoring data for reporting and timely communicate the results of analysis to inform programme decision making
- Support the Monitoring and Evaluation team in the tracking of outcome of activities evidenced by accurate data to enhance quality of reporting
- Identify and document human interest stories and case studies based on the successes of implemented projects
- Carefully monitor project work plan, reporting back to supervisor on progress, delays, challenges and request any support needed from the technical team.
- Document lessons learned and best practices in project development and implementation
- Follow all PSA Procedures for security, finance, logistics, HR and administration.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Any other tasks requested by the management.
- Minimum of Bachelor in Public Administration, International Relations and Social science or other relevant subject.
- Should have analytical and report writing skills, and be able to compile reports.
- Prior experience of working with international and/or local NGOs
- Experience of techniques for conflict resolution process.
- Work independently at fully professional level.
Application and CV:
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated their CV with contact details for 3 referees and cover letter explaining his/her motivation and why they are suited for the post to this email: [email protected] to be received by 27 July 2021 or deliver hard copy to the HQ office in Bosaso behind UNHCR office.