JOB TITLE: Logistics officer- [button link=”https://www.psasom.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Logistics-Officer-SSF.pdf” icon=”download” color=”red” window=”yes”]DOWNLOAD PDF COPY[/button]
# of positions required: 1 staff
Location: Qandala, Iskushubanand Alula District
Contract: 3 Months (it could be extended depending on availability of funds)
Opening Date: 20th July, 2021
Closing Date: 27th July, 2021
Puntland Youth and Social Development Association (PSA) is local non-governmental, non- profit organization established in 2002 by a group of enthusiastic young educated members of society and it is based in Puntland state – Somalia.
in 2021 Puntand Youth and Social Development Association (PSA) and The Somalia Stability Fund (SSF) is implementing Support to Qandala, Iskushuban and Alula Council formation. with the objective of promoting social reconciliation and local governance through provision of support towards the formation of District Councils in Qandala and Iskushuban Districts of Puntland State.
The project intends to have the implementation of activities that emphasize a bottom-up approach to developing governance structures at the local level with a critical emphasis on community participation. The project is envisioned to create a more representative local governance system by supporting Puntland Ministry of Interior, Local Government and Rural Development (MoILGRD) for the District Council Formation (DCF) that builds up from the bottom, breaks down social barriers, mends the social divide, and re-energizes the spirit of working together for the common good.
Overall Purpose of the role
The Project Officer is responsible for the overall supervision and coordination of the project activities in the geographical location. S/he ensures that all relevant protocols and the guiding manuals for project implementation processes and results are achieved per the project logical framework.
The Logistics officerwill be responsible but not limited to the following:
- Manage store system
- Purchase training Materials, IEC Materials and other things for the outside Office.
- Prepare and maintain Car log sheets
- Communicate prequalified suppliers
- Keeping and registering PSA assets.
- Recording Assist movement file.
- Preparing Market price evaluation.
- Sharing distribution work plan to Program Coordinator
- Minimum of Diploma in Business Administration, Accounting and finance or other relevant subject.
- Should have analytical and report writing skills, and be able to compile reports.
- Prior experience of working with UN and international or local NGOs
- Experience of techniques for conflict resolution process.
- Work independently at fully professional level.
Application and CV:
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated their CV with contact details for 3 referees and cover letter explaining his/her motivation and why they are suited for the post to this email: [email protected] to be received by 27 July 2021 or deliver hard copy to the HQ office in Bosaso behind UNHCR office.